Regular duct cleaning contributes to a healthy home. If you spend most of your time inside, maintaining indoor air quality is essential to a healthy home. E.T Mechanical provides duct cleaning for Fredericton, NB and surrounding areas.
In a world where healthy living has become a way of life. We diet and exercise to make ourselves feel better. We have also taken on environmental issues to make our world a cleaner and safer place to live. Yet the most overlooked issue is the air that we breathe.
The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. Now consider that most people spend between 60% to 90% of their time indoors... The facts can be quite alarming.
- “One out of every six people who suffer from allergies do so as a direct result of the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems.” (Better Health Magazine)
- “Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air.” (Dept of Consumer Affairs)
- “The average six room house collects 18kg of dust each year.” (Discover Magazine)
- “Typical fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient.” (ASHRAE)
Do you have an “Indoor Pollution Problem”?
If you answer “YES” to any of the following questions, your home may suffer from “Indoor Air Pollution”.
- Do you have an air circulating system that breathe utilizes a standard fiberglass filter?
- Do you have pets?
- Does anyone in your house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Do you experience headaches, nausea, burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the home?
- When you last changed your furnace filter, did you see dust and dirt inside the filter housing?
- Do you have “dust trails” or discoloring coming out of your air duct registers?
Dirt, dust, mold, pollen, and animal dander are recirculated through our air ducts every time we turn on our heat or air conditioner. Combine this with moisture and you have the ideal breeding ground for fungi, germs, and household mold. Studies have confirmed that some diseases, including salmonella, strep, and legionnaires disease are spread by contaminated air ducts.
Why Maintain Your Furnace?
- Without proper maintenance, most manufacturer warranties become void.
- According to the EPA, just over 1mm of dust on the blower and coil of a furnace can reduce efficiency by up to 26%.
- Dust and dirt reduce energy transfer. Your system runs longer and works harder; reducing lifespan, and costs more to operate.
- Improper air flow from dust leads to premature failure of components, reducing efficiency and performance.
- Replacing/repairing components of a furnace before failure is always more cost effective as it avoids expensive problems.
Ryan C. came to clean our ducts and service our furnace. He was friendly, conscientious and thorough. I appreciated how much detailed information he provided. He even showed us "before" and "after" pictures on his smart phone, and revealed, in amps, how much the motor's efficiency improved after cleaning. On his advice, we decided to also let him clean our blower-wheel, though it cost more. He also suggested we would benefit from a finer filter, which we could obtain at a hardware store. I look forward to Ryan cleaning our ducts again in the future.